Haslington Lodge


Set within leafy Kent suburbs, Haslington Lodge Greenhithe is an impressive 46 bed residential care home Dartford providing twenty-four hour care and assistance for the elderly and specifically those diagnosed with dementia.

Haslington Lodge Greenhithe is a specialist 24 hour elderly care and dementia facility where consideration is given to the differing personal needs and requirements of residents’ care needs.

We focus on positively maintaining residents’ skills and abilities, encouraging recreational fulfilment and dignified independence, whilst being supported with genuine care and concern.

There are three units where residents with different stages of dependency levels can live with like-minded others. The smaller units create a much more familiar and homely environment where everyone can live harmoniously, and as independently as possible aspart of one big family.

With a particular focus on dignified independence, each unit has a kitchen area where residents can meet and interact with their guests and family members allowing the freedom to make a cup of tea, or small snack, in the safety and comfort of a dementia friendly environment.

The Haslington Lodge care team are highly trained and skilled carers who are qualified to understand the complexity of dementia and the difficulties that may present to each individual with the disease.

Taking our specialist knowledge further, we are working with the nationally recognised Bradford University Dementia Group to become a centre of dementia care excellence in Kent.

The Haslington Lodge team looks forward to welcoming you into their warm and safe caring environment.

For all enquiries, including visits, please use the contact information below.

Read more

Types of Care

  • Residential Care

    Individuals with minimal care needs who are either fully capable of living independently or require a little assistance with personal care and daily tasks. This type of care typically includes assistance with routine activities such as dressing, washing, oral medication administration, and hoisting.

  • Dementia Care

    Individuals who have been diagnosed with dementia and are unable to live independently at home due to the need for 24-hour care.

  • Nursing Care

    Individuals who, due to medical conditions and/or personal living needs, require 24-hour assistance and care from qualified nurses. This may include people who require intensive rehabilitative care after a stroke or who simply require assistance with a peg feeding tube.

  • Respite Care

    Individuals in need of a temporary living arrangement in a nursing home. Respite care, also known as a short care home stay, can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

The care facility offers

  • Ensuite bedrooms
  • On-site parking
  • Quiet lounge
  • Communal dining room
  • Electric profile beds
  • Library
  • Activity classes
  • WiFi


Haslington Lodge

You can book a viewing or talk about moving yourself or someone else into the home to learn more about it.

Latest News

FAQs about Care Homes

What type of care do you offer in Care Homes?

We do our best to meet the needs of our residents at all times, whether they are here for only one day or for a longer period of time. Nicholas James can help if your family or caretaker can't give you the right kind of care as you recover from surgery or something else. We also offer specialised care services, such as;

  • Nursing care: All of our homes have trained nurses who can give professional medical care.
  • Dementia support - Help for people with dementia—each of our care homes has a dementia champion
  • Respite and day care - Most of our homes also offer respite care.

I’m looking for respite care, which of your homes offer this?

Most of our homes and the south east offer short-term care, which can be booked ahead of time or on short notice.

Are Belmont Care Homes certified and inspected by authorities?

The Care Quality Commission has signed up Belmont Care Homes and given its approval (CQC). The CQC looks for new ways to make sure that the health and social care services in England are safe, well-run, considerate, and of high quality.

What is the difference between a care home and a nursing home?

Nursing care is like residential care in that it helps people who need a registered nurse to watch over them all the time. Residential care gives people who need extra help and support a place to live that feels like home and is supervised by staff who are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Are there any State Benefits we may be entitled to?

Most state benefits are based on a person's income. Attendance Allowance is an exception. It is a tax-free state benefit that is paid to all people over 65 who have needed care (help with essential daily tasks like washing and dressing) for more than six months in a row.

There are two rates for Attendance Allowance: a lower rate for people who need help only during the day or night, and a higher rate for people who need help both day and night. In 2015/16, the lower rate is £55.10 per week and the higher rate is £82.30 per week. Claim forms can be picked up at larger Post Offices or Citizens Advice Bureaux, or they can be downloaded from www.direct.gov.uk.

People under 65 who need care will still be able to get an allowance, but it will be in the form of a Disability Living Allowance.

Is there free nursing care?

If a person in a nursing home is found to need nursing care from a registered nurse, the NHS will pay for it. This cost is a flat rate of £112 at the standard rate or £154.12 at the higher rate a week in England and £140.90 a week in Wales for 2015/16. It is called NHS-funded nursing care (formerly known as the registered nursing care contribution).

Anyone moving into a nursing home should be checked to see if they are eligible for nursing care paid for by the NHS. If so, the nursing home will receive this money immediately. After that, the assessment is done again every year, and it is possible that people will be re-banded after each one.

Continuing Health Care

Some people with long-term health needs may be able to get the Primary Care Trust to pay for all of their nursing home costs (PCT). A designated nurse from the PCT does a continuing care health assessment to see if a person is eligible. This assessment is then taken to a panel to talk about whether the person meets certain criteria.

The assessment should be done with the resident's knowledge and input, as well as that of the person's next of kin and any other professionals who are helping to care for the person. In some cases, like when a person has a terminal illness with a life expectancy of one month or less, the assessment process can be sped up.

What if we want a more expensive care home?

You can choose a care home that costs more than what your local council usually pays for a person with your assessed needs, but you may need to find a way to pay the difference.

If the council can find a place that meets your needs but you still want to move into a more expensive care home, they can ask a third party (usually a relative or friend) to pay the difference. This is called a ‘top-up fee’. Because you've been instructed to pay only what you can afford, you cannot pay this on your own.

If your local council can't find a place in your area that meets your needs, they should be willing to pay more than they usually do.

Request a Callback from
Haslington Lodge

I have read and accept the Privacy Policy. I permit Belmont Healthcare to contact the phone number provided within this submission to discuss any matters that are related to this enquiry.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.